Welcome to the history department! Our motto is “where the past shapes your future” this is because we truly believe that history is one of the most important subjects that a young person can study. We teach an all-encompassing programme from the Romans all the way through to the Cold War.
Term 1- Skills based learning
Terms 2 and 3- What have the Romans ever done for us?
Term 4- Why was 1066 so important?
Term 5- Who was the most important Tudor monarch?
Term 6- Brother versus Brother during the Civil War
Term 1- The role of women through History
Term 2- The First World War
Term 3- Hitler and Nazi Germany
Term 4- The Second World War
Terms 5- The Holocaust
Term 6- US Civil Rights Movement
Terms 1 and 2- Medicine through time
Term 3- The Industrial Revolution
Term 4- Change in crime and punishment in the 18th and 19th century
Terms 5 and 6- British Empire and slave trade
We are currently teaching the Edexcel GCSE History specification. The units that are taught are:
- Paper 1- Crime and Punishment in Britain C1000-Present. With a focus on Whitechapel and Jack the Ripper
- Paper 2- Superpower relations and the Cold War , 1941-91 followed by Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060-88
- Paper 3- Weimar and Nazi Germany 1919-1939
We are currently teaching the AQA A level History specification. The units that are taught are:
- Paper 1- Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964
- Paper 2- The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007
- Coursework on the Tudors
Higher Education Links & Career Opportunities
Possible careers include:
- Social worker
- Armed forces
- Business consultant
- Investment manager
And many more….